Would you like to add a degree symbol(“°”) to MS Word? Take a look at how you can add from this page. You can easily add degree symbols to the word. Below are some simple methods for you.
We use Microsoft Word the most for writing. So we must know how to add a degree symbol to a Microsoft Word file. Note that the following method will work in all versions of Microsoft Word.
Such as Microsoft 365 along with the 2013, 2016, 2019, and 2021 versions of Word. So use whichever method of the following you find easier.
For Windows User:
If you want to type with Keyboard then Just Type the “ALT+0176” Button for Degree Symbols. First, you have to decide where you want to insert Degree Sign, Then Type This Alt Code. That’s it. Yes!! After Release Alt Codes you can see the degree symbol.
- Another way to type or insert Degree Symbol on your word document. First, open your word document where you want to insert this symbol.
- Then type or press “ALT+I, S” codes at the same time.
- After that, you can see a “Symbol” window.
- There are hundreds of symbols for use. Scroll and Find Degree Symbol.
- After Finding the Degree Symbol just click on it.
- That’s it, Now you can see the Degree Symbol on your Word Document.
For Mac User:
If you are a Mac user then you have no “Alt” Key on your Keypad. So how u can write the degree symbol in ms word on your Mac device? here is your answer. You have to write Just press Shift + Option + 8 Keys.
With MS Word Menu Bar:
- Open your word document file, where you want to insert the Degree Symbol.
- Then click the “Insert” menu.
- Then Click “Symbol( Ω)” Option> “More Symbol” Option.
- After Clicking, You will see a Symbol Popup Window.
- Then Filter Subject dropdown Menu, and click on the “Superscripts and subscripts” Option.
- Then you can easily find the Degree Symbol. And click on this Symbol.